Thursday, November 06, 2008

President Obama

Romans 13:1-3, “Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.”

“Nanci and I were just talking about President Obama, and how we wish him well. I have a profound sorrow that I could not vote for the first African American president in U. S. history. In two past elections I voted for Alan Keyes, an African American with a deep respect for the civil rights of unborn children, and the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman. How I wish he could have become our president. How I wish that Barack Obama believed God's Word in these fundamental areas. How deeply I wish I could have voted for him.” – Randy Alcorn (http://randyalcorn.blogspot.com/)

This is basically the exact sentiments that my wife and I have. We also wish that we could have voted for the first African American President, but we also could not based on his lack of support for the rights of the unborn. Psalm 119:13-16, “With my lips I have declared All the judgments of Your mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, As much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.”

We also voted for Alan Keyes when he was on the ticket for president, and wished he would have been the first African American President who truly encapsulates Christian virtues.

America, though, by demonstration of the vote, has shown that they are more concerned with their self then others. We, and I say we because we are ‘The United States,’ voted based on our own self preservation by virtue of money, as people have been complaining about the stock market. We chose to vote to bring people back from helping others in Iraq, and they are better in Iraq, even if you want to say we went in there for the wrong reasons. Interestingly, if you truly think on these things they are more selfish in nature, when compared to allowing babies to be killed in the womb for no reason. We chose a President that allows babies to be killed by the thousands everyday, because we think that he is going to make “our” lives so much easier. Who cares about a few dead babies, “we don’t want our sons or daughters punished with a baby,” especially if it will cause our lives to be encumbered in some fashion?

I think that Randy Alcorn again says it nicely and I will steal this as my prayer as well, if that is allowed. “I pray that in those areas where President Obama does advocate what is right, God will richly bless him. I pray God will give him wisdom and strength in negotiating with international heads of state. I pray God will change his mind in areas where he's wrong, and restrain him from keeping his promises to Planned Parenthood concerning the Freedom of Choice Act, which would dramatically set back the legal cause of unborn children. I pray that, by some heart-changing miracle or providential human miscalculation, the next Supreme Court justice would be someone who would vote for the right to life of our smallest children, God's smallest children.”-Randy Alcorn

Acts 5:28-32, “saying, “Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man’s blood on us!” But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

No comments: