Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time For Zeek

Say hello to my little friend, "Zeek." He is the Ransomed Mascot and obviously likes to try to get into as many pictures as possible. It is a little annoying at times.
Here Zeek and another missionary are taking a nap together. I know what you are thinking, weird, but who are we to judge. Seriously, it was an innocent nap.

Here for some reason Zeek decided to fly into the shot of the road that we are staying on, and yes that is the road. Makes PA roads look marvelous.

Here you can play, "Where's Zeek?" He is chillin on the pillar. This is the entry way into the house we are staying in while in Bangalore, India.

I was admiring myself in the mirror when Zeek kept interfering until I took a picture of us both, so here it is. I know what your thinking, Alan would never just stand in a mirror and admire himself. True, I am a humble man, but at times you just have to admire what God created.

Here Zeek is playing a little hacky-sac by himself. Jeremy got angry because Zeek kept beating him. Jeremy stormed off saying something about cheating and using his hands too much, but you can see here that is clearly not happening, though the smirk makes me think there may have been some cheating going on.

This is the first appearance of Zeek. If you are not familiar with Zeek, you soon will be on this blog over the next several weeks. Zeek is the Ransomed Mascot and he made the trip with us to India. We thought we would take him around with us and let him see a little of India as well.

I, Alan, started teaching today and it went very well by India standards. Typically they do not talk or engage in the conversation, but today I was able to get two of them to participate. The first class I am teaching is The Synoptic Gospels, and there are 8 students in the class. They are all Master level students.

Jeremie is working on producing a newsletter for the School. Jayakumar, the President of the school, asked him to help, as he has done this before. Jeremy will get to spend some time with Jayakumar, which is considered a honor here, as he is very busy.

We found out that today we are leaving on Friday of Khandili (sp?) and will stay over there for a night. There is a medical clinc and another church plant there. It will be a great experience, as I did not get to see it the last time I was here. We will also be going to Mysore in the next week or so to visit some other church plants. Mysore is another city where there are several church plants, and I will most likely be preaching there.

That is all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Alan a noodle almost came out my nose after I started to laugh about the part about you being humble....I guess that's what I get for eatting while reading your blog.

I'm glad to hear you and Jeremie had a safe trip there and that the Lord is using you in ways you never imagined. I'll continue praying for you guys.

Chelise

Anonymous said...

It's so encouraging to read about all that's happening. We're praying for all that you're doing.
P.S. Kandahar is in Afghanistan, so I'd be worried if you guys were going there.

Unknown said...

I made the correction and we are going do Khandili and not Khandahar. Thanks for noticing that.