Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Pics -- We are still here.

We took a walk and of course Zeek, who seems to think he is center of attention, wanted a picture of himself on the bench. I tried to tell him that he needed to walk a little to lose the gut. . .I cannot put onto the blog the response I got. Let's just say that Zeek had to repent afterwards.
What you are looking at is a new apartment complex being built and yes those are tree limbs holding up the floor. It is crazy, but it seems to work for them.
Here I am being productive, or at least trying to look like it in my classroom. I know what your thinking. . .That is one smart looking character. I was going to photo shop the little spot on my head, but who needs to mess with perfection.
Here we are about to walk into an air-conditioned coffee shop. It was AWESOME. You can get a cup of coffee and a danish for around a $1.50, or 50 Rupees. We didn't want to leave, but I also did not want my body to adjust to air conditioning again, as no other place we are at has it.
Jeremie was taking pictures outside, and trying to get a picture of a lizard, but these two gypsy children kept getting in the picture. Gypsy children do not speak the native language here, so it is very hard to communicate with them, even for the locals. By the time I walked out there was a mother and 5 children standing there with Jeremie. We gave out some candy and then jumped into our car.
I just want to take the time on this blog to thank Jeremie for all the great pictures and video. Though we are not sure if the video will be able to be uploaded until we get home. We are working on it though.
Jeremie is going to have a very busy week next week, so we are hoping to keep up with the pace of pictures, but it may slow down some next week. He is speaking three different times, two at chapel and then one at a youth event. He is going to be preparing during his free time. Please pray for him as he starts to minister more directly with the Indian culture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, Jeremie. It is so cool to hear these things about you and what you're doing!

Alan, it sounds like at the very least, you and Zeek are having fun..hahaha. But, seriously, I'm proud of both of you for what you're doing there.

MEG