Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where is the Excitement?

Philippians 1:21, “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.”

What was the last great movie you have seen or the last great book you have read? What did you do after watching it or reading it? If you are like most of us, you told all your friends and anyone else that showed interest to watch the movie or read the book. Word of mouth is still the number one form of advertising.

Think about it. How did you hear about Youtube? Someone probably told you through sending you an email, a video or verbally communicated that this is a cool site. Think about the movie Napoleon Dynamite, and how much success that movie has had. The movie was made for just a couple hundred thousand dollars, and it netted millions. They barely did any advertising on television or radio. It was all word of mouth. I only heard about it because my brother-in-law told my wife about it, who then told me.

With that in mind, let me ask you this: When was the last time you told someone about your Savior? Do you tell everyone like it is the best thing you ever heard? We should be, as salvation is far better then any movie or book. Unfortunately, we do not, because otherwise our churches would be filled and our communities would be different. How would it affect your life and those around you? How would it affect the ministry you are involved with? How would if affect your life in general if you lived like Jesus is the best thing that happened to you?

No comments: