Tuesday, September 25, 2007

From Separation to Unity

I have been discussing sin the past few weeks, and I hope many of you have been reading the discussion between me and another brother in Christ. I think you would benefit from reading those comments and what responses I received. I am thankful for this brother/sister in Christ.

I encourage anyone to comment and challenge anything I write, as it continues to help us move toward truth. Truth in what Christ teaches us is what we should all be striving for and looking to attain, because then we can be more like Him and in deeper relationship with Him.

Sin causes us to be completely separated from God: physical, transmissional, eternal, judicial, relational and volitional effects from sin can be seen from Scripture (Ephesians 2:1, 5; Genesis 2:16-17; Romans 5:12-14; Rev. 20:14-15; 1 Cor. 15:45; 1 John 1:6-7).

Hopefully you watched the video from my previous blog that gave a great description of sin and a very profound visual. What a depiction that even though our sin causes us to be separated by God and that it is like an adulterer, He is there asking us to be His. How AWESOME is that? The King of Kings, the Creator of the Universe wants you and me to be His bride. He made it so we could be His bride when He came in human form, Jesus Christ, died and defeated death for our sins. Amazing, truly amazing.

If we start to see God as a husband/wife relationship then we will see how our faith should affect every area of our lives. It will also start to become more relational and more important. We will long to be with Him and when we are apart from Him, because we choose not to pray or read the Bible then we will miss Him terribly, just as a spouse misses their partner when they are away. You desire to be with them and not forget them, as is typical for all of us when it comes to God. Our perception needs change when it comes to God in this respect and it will if we have our the same relationship with God as married couples are suppose to have.

Choose this day to make God the most prominent relationship in your life. Remember what He did for you on the cross and what you could not do for yourself. He gave everything for you and me. Are you willing to do the same? I have to ask myself that all that time. Unfortunately the answer for me is no a lot of the time, but I am working it daily. My desire though is to be a glorious bride to Him in everything I do in this life.

One of my new favorite verses and becoming my life's verse is: John 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease." It is also my challenge to everyone reading this. The more He increases in our lives the more we will be like Christ, becoming one with Him. Again, the marriage visual.

My prayer is that you too will desire to become less and Christ more.

No comments: