Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Think Your Big? Think Again.

The message below was written to me by one of the college students at Graystone. I found it very compelling and interesting. I would describe what you are about to read, but you will get the gist once you read it. . . . enough said.

God is being so good and awesome- even though I’m pretty sure I try and leave about 20 times a day. I’m daily amazed that He puts up with me and all my thinking that I’m so big and so important. I’m rereading “I am not but I know I AM” by Louie Giglio, and a big part of it is how big God is and how small we are. And that’s true- I mean.. beyond the obvious, the times that I mess things up the most are when I’m trying to be big and take care of everything and be tough an independent. I was sitting outside after my trip to the gym the other day just kind of talking to God and I thought- man.. here I am thinking that I’m so big.. and I looked around and hit my head on the tree I was leaning against. You know, I’m not even bigger than that tree- that one tree.. and there were probably 20 trees in my general vicinity.. and I’m not bigger than any of them. I look down and see grass, and I couldn’t count the blades of grass in a 1 foot area, and God knows exactly how many blades of grass there are in the whole world. And the sun was coming up, and that one will get you every time. Junk, I couldn’t make the sun come up no matter what I tried. None the less create it or hold it in place. I was the smallest thing around me. I think I was trying to look at being sick.. and think that I was bigger than my sickness. But that’s not it- I’m a lot smaller than pseudo tumor.. but God is a whole lot bigger. And that’s a really simple thing.. but it makes a big difference. Thinking about making yourself small so that God can be bigger in your life is a simple concept.. but it makes such a big difference.
Sometimes it takes a hit in the head to bring us back to reality. Thank you Kayte for sharing and giving a great example of the Greatness of God.

No comments: