Saturday, April 21, 2007

Struggles in Our Lives

I have been talking to people that have been struggling a lot lately. While I was cleaning out one of my old briefcases the other day, I found a poem that I wrote during a very trying time in my life. I thought I would it with you. Maybe it will help during your time of struggle, or at least let you know that we all go through the valleys.
My Struggle
By Alan Seymour

I know Your there, and I can feel your presence.
I can feel my self-indulgence, which makes me stress.
Where do I turn? Who do I talk to?

I yell and try to explain, but no one understands or hears me.
Is anyone out there that can de-scramble my mind?
Do I have a mind? Do I feel anymore?

The emotions hit so fast I can’t stop them.
Is talking to yourself crazy, even if you answer?
O’ God I need You more than ever – can You hear me?
Where do I go? What do I do? Will crying help?

I am a disciple of God. I am His.
I know I am loved, yet I don’t feel loved.
I feel – I don’t know? What is the point?
Where am I going with this?
An exercise in fruition. Did it help?

Only God sees the future. I am His.
What He deems, I will follow.
Though it cost me everything,
I will not walk away from the One who paid it all.
My faith is strong, my resolve is able.
This day to will pass and my joy return.
Until then I can only ask – Why?

No comments: