Thursday, June 26, 2008

Personal Psalm

During a recent Men's Luncheon the speaker, Ron Marshall, gave the men a challenge to write their own Psalm. After thinking about this for a while I decided to write my own. Below is a Psalm I wrote during some time I spent with God. It is refreshing and a great exercise I would recommend to anyone, as it makes you think upon the God of our Creation.

And yes, I do rhyme in my poem, as some of you like to point out at times. I think rhyming makes sense and used in a poem is a great exercise, as it causes you to think about words that will work in a rhythmic context.

HAVE MERCY ON ME!

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me!
You search the depths of my soul.
Making me wonder what You see.
Is it full of love or just an empty bowl?

All I desire is to be filled with Your Spirit
Even as I say it sin fights the very thought
O’ guide me Lord that I Ignore those thoughts
and not hear it.
Because I know through Your blood I have been bought.

My soul rejoices at the sound of Your name.
Sin may no longer blame.
It no longer has power to put me to shame.
All because there is power in that Name.

As I move through these last days
I pray that my life will reflect Your glory.
You are the potter and I am Your clay
mold me and shape me to tell Your story.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me!

No comments: