Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lover of Jesus

The poem you are about to read is titled, "Lover of Jesus," and was a poem I read at my Nannie's funeral. She was a great example of what it meant to be someone who desired Jesus over everything else. I was honored to be chosen to say a few words for the grandchildren, as my grandfather, her husband, was my hero in life. He died many years before her, but she was his princess and because of that it was a greater honor to write this poem for her as not only a tribute to a great woman, but also a tribute to my grandpa.

She passed away in March of 06' and this is the poem I wrote and had the privilege of reading.

Lover of Jesus
She believed in the blood of Jesus
Lived her life by His Word.
Nanny never doubted the resurrection
She always lived within that protection.
Even though she had to leave us
There is one thing that was always known.
She is a lover of Jesus
One can tell by the seeds she has sown.

No comments: